I'm trying to be good and keep up with this blog! Hopefully I can make a commitment to at least post one entry a week. I think that is very doable. This week has been exhausting as well as full of enjoyment. I have had to learn how to get ready in the morning for work along with getting Wesley ready for us to be out the door by 7am. I feel like a mom with a kid in school making my lunch the night before and getting my clothes and his clothes laid out before I go to bed. Though to fit in pumping before we need to head out I am finding myself staying up after his 4:30am feeding to pump and get myself ready before he wakes up. Momma needs some sleep!
It has been nice getting to spend some time away from him and now being able to interact with older individuals. While on maternity leave I rarely left the apartment and only a few times got together with other people other than Drew.
I think being back at work will help Wesley get onto a schedule and make life easier for both of us. Until now it had always been just go with the flow.
I did not have any pictures of me going to work but I do have a good one of Drew and Wesley.
This past weekend Wesley got to join us on a family retreat. Great time in the woods with family and friends.
FIT MOMMY
Getting back into teaching gymnastics definitely has been my workout for this week. I had not done really any gymnastic skills probably in the last 7 or 8 months. I laughed when I was in class and did a forward roll for the first time and could not stand back up at the end. Looks like those abs need some more work! I have been on a few good walks and have been squeezing in some squats and abs here and there. If I could get my eating in line maybe I would drop some weight.
Confessions from a New Mom
Diaper, diaper, which one is the best diaper? It was amazing how many packs of diapers I had before Wesley even arrived. The invention of a diaper shower is amazing. The good thing/flaw is that you will find the diapers you like and the diapers you are trying to get though just to use them up before you spend your own money on more. I have found I love Pamper Swaddlers the best, not for the blue line but for the plush comfort and absorbency. My second choice is Huggies Snugglers which feel just a little more rough but have great absorbency as well. We got boxes for regular Pampers and regular Huggies and I did not like either of them. They both felt more rough and they did not fit Wesley's thighs as well so I was constantly worried about a blowout diaper. Thankfully I have not had an issue with Wesley and diaper rash so that has never been an issue with choosing a brand of diapers. We are still in size one and about one pound away from moving up to size two. Once I work though all the size two diapers that I received I think I will be sticking to Pamper Swaddlers until the days of potty training.
No comments:
Post a Comment